Monday, December 22, 2008

Funny things

One of Alyssa's favorite songs is "If all the raindrops." For those of you not well versed in childrens music, it goes like this:
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops, oh what a rain that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide.
Aaah, aaah, aaah, aaah, aa - aah ah.
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops, oh what a rain that would be.
Well, the other day, Alyssa asked me to sing: Father Raindrops. I told her I had no clue what song that was. She said: "It goes like this: "Father raindrops were lemon drops..."
April and I told her that it was "if all" because there was no such thing as "father raindrops". She informed us that the big ones were Father raindrops and the little ones were the mommy and baby raindrops! Seems logical to me. :)
The other funny thing is not so funny to me as a dad. It seems that a four year old boy who is the son of some good friends has confiscated our family picture so that "Alyssa can sleep with him at night." I'm going to have to keep a close watch on that kid at church!!

2 comments:

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Alyssa is at such a cute age. :)

Nicole B said...

The problem with the raindrops song is that it gets into your head and wont go away.

I remember when Katie used to sing that song all the time...then Chris ruined her by teaching her her very first cuss word...sigh, its been downhill since then ;)

can you believe Katie is 11 now!! Soon Alyssa will be a pre-teen too...hahahaha


oh, and as for the picture...ha, that is too funny...